Saturday, December 30, 2006

Part 3 - Queenstown Day 2

Supposedly Bungy Jumping originated in New Zealand so what better place to take the plunge than the original jump at Kawarau Bridge - 43 meters down to the Kawarau River!

I give the thumbs up as if it's no big deal! Once my eyes left the camera and focused on the little dingy down below reality sunk in and my heart raced. After a brief pep talk from my Canadian jump instructor I took the plunge! Holy sh*t - the initial leap of faith took all the courage I could muster. I had intended to yell out Merry Christmas but all I could spit out was an ear piercing scream. Yes I'll admit I was screaming like a little girl in a cheap haunted house!





The kids gave me a big hug on completion. If you look closely, you'll see another jumper halfway through his jump! Needless to say, I had a hard time falling asleep that night!


This is as close as Charlee and Adam would get to bungy jumping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home